The Yale School of Medicine is proud to offer two pathways to obtain a high quality PA education: The Physician Associate Program and the Physician Assistant Online Program. Students in both programs graduate with a Master of Medical Science degree and both utilize the faculty from the Yale School of Medicine. With consistent admission requirements but unique learning experiences, prospective students can apply for the program that best meets their learning and career objectives.
The Physician Associate Program
The Physician Associate Program offers a general medicine education and graduates leaders who impact their communities and advance the PA profession:
- The curriculum emphasizes experiential learning: full anatomy dissection program, simulation lab, standardized patients, and early clinical exposure.
- Students develop a strong foundation in research.
- Clinical experiences are offered within Yale-New Haven Health System and internationally on 4 continents.
- Students will have an interprofessional educational experience with Yale medical and nursing students.
The Physician Assistant Online Program
The Physician Assistant Online Program focuses on primary care and meeting the healthcare needs of local communities:
- The online learning experience includes lectures that are studio recorded for high quality, weekly live class sessions in a virtual classroom, as well as opportunities to collaborate with peers and connect with instructors.
- The blended learning experience combines online coursework, live online small group sessions and in-person clinical experiences.
- The curriculum focuses on problem-based learning.
- The clinical mentoring experience can take place in the student’s own community.
Visit paonline.yale.edu for more information!